At Berry Systems we deliver a range of turnkey solutions for car parks, warehousing, industrial and commercial buildings. We specialise in the design, supply, and installation of a wide portfolio of top-quality products. This means that facilities are equipped to meet the challenges of the future, while maintaining the architectural aspirations of each project.
Quality and safety are key to everything we do at Berry Systems and we make sure that our customers and their projects benefit from this passion for perfection.
- Managing and assisting the Design Team through the scheme / production design stage and the delivery team through into implementation and handover.
- Driving all design related project outcomes.
- Working closely with the project commercial manager to produce the project specific designer agreements, ensuring the designer’s scope of works and design responsibilities are clearly defined and understood.
- Agree and manage a realistic design programme to satisfy procurement and construction requirements.
- Representing the project team at client review meetings.
- Developing a detailed design programme with all relevant parties to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
- Arrange and manage regular internal design meetings at which all new drawings, design team and sub-contractors, are reviewed and marked up with members of the project team. Actioning comments generated at internal design meetings including list of instructions for sub-contractors.
- Assisting the construction managers in all design issues as and when required.
- Ensuring design is compliant with statutory requirements and applicable standards.
- To maintain an overview of all aspects relating to design for the region.
- To add value to the project(s) by promoting ‘best value’ design solutions.
- To be part of the ‘Bid Team’ delivering value engineering options, operation delivery solutions, preliminary input and bid document information.
- Ensure completion and compliance of design management departmental procedures at bid and delivery stages.
- Maintain design within cost restraints fully incorporating clients’ requirements.
- Review the design resource and plan for workload, managing the team workload.
- Liaise with internal / external resources as appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with the project team and client, client’s advisors and appointed consultants.
- To develop the design programme and design information flow and ensure that these are incorporated into the overall project programme. Create RFIs for information.
- understand different materials and production methods
The ideal candidate will:
- have technical and practical knowledge of steel and cladding design
- understand what customers look for in a product
- be good at planning and organising
- have excellent communication skills
- have good stakeholder engagement and management skills
- be persuasive and able to ‘sell’ their ideas to others
- be an excellent people manager and work well in a team
- be accurate and pay attention to detail
- proficient in using CAD and Tekla
- have at least 5 years experience in man