Due to continued growth and recently secured projects, Berry Systems are recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor to join our team working from our Bilston Head Office.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts
- Track and control construction schedule costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Report to senior management on progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
- Work with the Commercial Manager, Contracts team, and Estimating Department to co-ordinate bids and Variations.
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition measures; ensure timely and accurate reporting of project costs, and monitor payables for project.
- Understand basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and make decisions accordingly.
- Guarantee project legal documents, permits, inspections etc., are completed and signed.
- Regularly coordinate with other senior staff members – i.e. Directors, Managers, and Resource Development – to ensure a holistic approach to projects that honour’s construction needs as well as other broad organisational objectives.
- Work with the Commercial Director/Manager to develop a cost-effective budget, schedule and tracking system for completion of multiple projects following a logical pattern for utilisation of resources.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertaking costs analysis for construction and installation project work;
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies;
- Performing risk and value management and cost control;
- Advising on procurement strategy;
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders;
- Preparation contract documents for sub-contractors;
- Providing advice on contractual claims;
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports;
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments;
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use;
- Prepare monthly applications for payments for projects and follow up with clients for certification notices and payment;
- Preparation of early warning notices and variation orders and liaise with clients for agreement
- Preparation of cost reports/CVRs
- Preparation of payment notices for sub-contractors
- Liaising with procurement on scope of work breakdown and budgets
- understand different materials and production methods
- have technical, practical and scientific knowledge and ability
- understand what customers look for in a product
- be good at planning and organising
- be persuasive and able to ‘sell’ their ideas to others
- be able to produce clear, concise written reports
- work well in a team
- be accurate and pay attention to detail
Qualifications required for the position are as follows:
- BSc in Quantity Surveying preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Particularly Excel)
- RICS accredited or working towards accreditation which the Company will support
- CSCS Card
Candidate must have the capabilities to self-develop and identify areas of formal training requirements, have the ability to produce and carry out presentations to clients and subcontractors relating to commercial accounts. Identify opportunities for profit recovery and improvements for all aspects of construction work.
The candidate must be capable of making informed decisions and present them to senior management as and when required, deliver projects in a timely manner within budget and to agreed specifications with the client.
If you think you have what it takes to be our next Berry and want to be part of our exciting growth journey, please send your most recent CV and a cover letter to Samia Ahmed at firstname.lastname@example.org.