During a collision, the kinetic energy of an impact is progressively absorbed by an elastomer hidden in the base of the bollard. The post is able to tilt approximately 20-degrees as it progressively absorbs it energy, softening the impact. After a collision, the post returns upright, leaving your guard intact and ready to perform again.
- The post (standard schedule 40/ISO pipe)
- The base
- An adapter
- Energy absorbing elastomer
Parts are easily replaceable due to its modular design and delivers heavy duty protection, making it an ideal long-term solution.
- Simple installation requiring common tooling
- Takes 15 minutes to install per standard bollard
- Impacts are gradually softened, reducing damage to vehicle occupants
- Reduces damage to vehicles upon impact
- Modular system design – can replace damaged parts without completely re-pouring concrete
- Flexible location without filling large core holes
- Fencing and complex barriers can be created from slide-together connectors without the need for welding
- Heavy duty and ideal for long-term protection