The existing staff car park required an increase via a single level parking deck to accommodate for the increase in demand for staff parking, Berry systems we instructed to design supply and install the timber cladding and fire resistant cladding due to a boundary restraint on one elevation.
Berry systems we are able to specify products that met the client and contractors requirements whilst also meeting the budget for the scheme.
- Scandinavian Redwood Grade A Vertical Timber Fins, 45x95mm
- Secondary steelwork with connections to structural frame
- Eurobond – Rainspan 125mm Composite Panels
With just over 1000 SQM of cladding required we designed supplied and installed nearly 3000 lm of timber across the elevations. Using our experience supply chain partner Norclad we were able to offer a Brunnea treated Redwood with a fire treatment to Euroclass B-S1-D0 and a 30 year warranty.
Due to the boundary distance on the South elevation we needed to provide a 30 minute composite panel that achieve a 30minute fire resistance. We did this using a Eurobond Rainspan panel which allowed the timber fins to be also fixed to the outside of the panel keep a consistent aesthetic around the car park.
The southern boundary of the car park required a fire-resistant panel due to its proximity to the hospital building.
We discussed the ideal solution with the team, our suppliers and contractor this lead to a quick approved design using a Eurobond Rainspan panel. This solution allowed the timber fins to be also fixed to the outside of the panel keep a consistent aesthetic around the car park.
- Our engagement in the project meant that we were able to recommend the appropriate products that worked for the scheme, within budget and met employer’s requirements.
- Safety was paramount on this scheme due to the busy hospital environment, however using our experienced site team we were able to deliver the scheme with no disruption whilst parking remained live.
- Over 1500 Vertical Timber fins installed around all elevations.